It’s not often that people come together in unison for noble causes unless it’s a sale. The Big Billion Day Sale, The Great Indian Sale, call it what you may! All the e-commerce biggies have their biggest sales going on from Flipkart, to Amazon to Shopclues and they’re all offering discounts that claim to be major value for money.
Now, we may rarely come together in solidarity but the fashion army has to got to have each others back when it comes to that four letter word painted in red. When it comes to spending big bucks, we rarely hold back, but it may not be the best idea to go all out with your virtual carts by the mere promises of these sales. We got scooping and digging and found out 4 major ‘Don’t’s’ for this seasons ‘biggest sale’ starting 2nd October to 6th October 2016.
Flipkart ain’t got nothin’ on us!
1. Install a Comparison tool extension
The average smart Indian shopper who is informed about his shopping techniques tends to save over 25% of his money and 20% of his time with his tools. Do not be fooled by the re-stamped prices. Here are a few tricks to help you:
- Shop only from your desktop browser and avoids the App. The move of the Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale to its App only feature was done to stop customers from comparing prices online. Install the chrome extension of Buyhatke. This amazing tool helps you compare prices, map price trends, offers the best coupons and offers and gives your instant notifications on price drops on any of your favourite products, in a jiffy!
- Investigate the source of the seller. Many a times, the vendors sell less than satisfactory products. They may seem like words strung along at first glance, but product reviews are more important than you may think. Be confident about the source of the vendor and the originality of the product. It will help in the long run.
- Don’t be lured by the giant discounted numbers flashing in front of you. Although some products might say 70-80% off they may just be exaggerated. The prices are sometimes inflated or changed in order to make the discount look more lucrative. Keep track of the price variation to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth.
- Pay heed to price predictions. If the price of a certain product is expected to fall over time, rethink whether you would like to buy it right now, or wait till the price falls further.
2. Resist the urge
Impulse shopping is a huge NO! Resist the urge and fight the power. Impulsive shopping habits may be the single biggest downfall when it comes to shopping online, during sale, especially when prices are questionably dubious.
3. Keep your address details ready and roaring
You know never know who has eyes on the same things as you do, and if need be, you may have to beat him to the punch. Having your address ready ensures that you’re good to go if you need to do a quick buy and dash!
4. Do not opt for COD
Yes, for once we say otherwise! If you spot a genuinely good deal, go for it. If you go for the COD option, the site may just sell out and deliver the products to those who paid online, being obligated owing to the fact that the products are already paid for.
Ready to shop now then, are we? You can thank us later!